iCandy Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iCandy Lounge

Kick back, relax and enjoy the sweet atmosphere

How to Install BatteryEx Skins IcandyhomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Install BatteryEx Skins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xan
Admin
Admin
Xan

How to Install BatteryEx Skins Empty
PostSubject: How to Install BatteryEx Skins   How to Install BatteryEx Skins Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:08 am

rabbit I know this is posted in the BatteryEx thread, but just incase some one missed it...

How To Install BatteryEx Skins
First things first...you need to download the app. I recommend the paid version. It's $1.99 and you get all the full features that BatteryEx (by Mobile4Life) has to offer. For those running OS 6, I'm using the same as OS 5. I haven't checked if there's an upgrade, but this one still works for me.

1. Ok, so to download skins, just click on the skin you want and it will take you to a download page. Click on download, save the zip file to your pc or BlackBerry. There's no OTA for the skins. You have to download directly to your PC or use an app like FileScout to download to your Berry directly (you'll still have to unzip using FileScout).

2. Unzip and install the folder to your media card. The actual directory from my pc is My Computer>BlackBerry>M4dev>Skins>BatteryEx. So you just save the unzipped folder there. Some people drag and drop the unziped file, I like to right click on the unzipped file and select "copy to folder" and just select the BatterEx folder. Either way works.

From FileScout, locate your zip file. Unzip and make sure the icons are not in a sub folder. If it's not already there, move or copy to the "m4dev/Skins/BatteryEx" directory.

3. After installing, go to the BatteryEx application, go to "Skins" and you should have a preview picture of what the skin looks like. Just select it, and it will change the way the icon for BatteryEx looks on your application screen, which you can then add to your homescreen to show off with a matching theme. It also adds an identical icon to your notification area. Depending on the person making the skin and whether you are using the paid version, you may have the MemoryEx icon skinned and eScreen. The MemoryEx icon is a full-sized icon that you click on to free up memory. The eScreen, when enabled, will show up as a screen saver while charging.

Hope this helps a little.
Back to top Go down
https://icandy.forumotion.com
fozzyman

PostSubject: Re: How to Install BatteryEx Skins   How to Install BatteryEx Skins Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Hiya I am really stuck with the battery ex skins I've downloaded the unzipped file and the pic is showing in my m4dev bt not on the batteryex skins app I downloaded how do I get it to wrk I'm new at all this any help would b great xxx
Back to top Go down
Xan
Admin
Admin
Xan

PostSubject: Re: How to Install BatteryEx Skins   How to Install BatteryEx Skins Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey there! You have to make sure there are no sub folders. So for example lets say you download the Transformers zip. If you unzip the folder and extract the files, when you go to the unzipped folder, it should only be one folder, then all the files inside it (Transformers Folder>charging001.png, charging001i.png, etc). If your extracted/unzipped folder has a SUB folder, it will not work, (i.e. "Transformers Folder>Transformers Folder>charging001.png, charging001i.png, etc). If you're using File Scout, what I like to do sometimes is instead of moving the folders (because I end up confusing myself lol) I instead go to the mdev4 folder, create a new empty folder "Transformers BatteryEx" for example. Then I go back to the folder that has all the images, select them all, copy, then return to my new "Transformers BatteryEx" folder I created and paste them all in there. It's a little extra work, but sometimes it saves all the confustion of trying to extract the subfolder. Hopefully this helps.
Back to top Go down
https://icandy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Install BatteryEx Skins   How to Install BatteryEx Skins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Install BatteryEx Skins
Page 1 of 1