iCandy Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iCandy Lounge

Kick back, relax and enjoy the sweet atmosphere

Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro IcandyhomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xan
Admin
Admin
Xan

Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro Empty
PostSubject: Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro   Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Here is a quick step by step on how to change your default docks to a custom dock in LauncherPro

1. Download LauncherPro if you don't already have it.

2. Once you have LauncherPro downloaded and installed, go to your homescreen.

3. From the homescreen, press MENU.

4. Select PREFERENCES

5. In the PREFERENCES menu, select APPEARANCE SETTINGS.

6. Select DOCK BACKGROUND.

7. Select CUSTOM.

8. Locate the area in which you saved the dock you would like to use. Select the dock. *Make sure your phone is not connected to your pc or you will not see your images.

9. Return to your homescreen. The dock should now be loaded.

If you have want to arrange your icons according to the dock layout, you'll need to customize them and hide them. You'll need a blank png icon to do this, which I have provided here for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you have the default icons showing along with your dock, you'll want to hide them. If it's not the right icon you want in that particular slot, you'll have to change it.

Lets assume you have the default icons showing with your dock, like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first thing to do is decide what app you want to assign in the first icon slot. For the example dock we are using, you might see that "Kik" is the icons listed on the dock, so naturally, we'd want to select Kik for that slot. Here's what you do:

1. Download and save the blank png icon if you haven't done so already.
2. From the home screen, select and icon you want to change or hide by long pressing the icon. A pop up menu will appear. Select CHANGE SHORTCUT.

3. Select the application you want. In our example, we want to select Kik Messenger to correspond with the slot that says "Kik" on the custom dock. When selecting your apps, you'll see a list of applications and functions. If you don't see your app, select APPLICATIONS for more. Selecting APP DRAWER will assign the app drawer to the icon slot you are trying to customize and you'll have to start over again.

4. After you select the application you want, another pop-up menu will appear, asking you to select the icon you want to use.

5. Select CUSTOM ICON.

6. Locate the blank png icon you saved and select it.

You'll now see that the Kik icon has disappeared from the home screen, leaving that part of the dock clear from any default icons. You can now press on the actual dock to select the app you just changed.

Do this for all the icons on your dock and you're done!
Hope you find this helpful. Smile

Last edited by Xan on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://icandy.forumotion.com
ccpooch

PostSubject: Re: Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro   Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks so much! You explained it perfectly and appreciated the screen shots to go with it. My droid looks great! Now if they would only make an app to take a screen shot on my non-rooted atrix I could show you a picture.
Back to top Go down
Xan
Admin
Admin
Xan

PostSubject: Re: Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro   Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:19 pm

ccpooch wrote:
Thanks so much! You explained it perfectly and appreciated the screen shots to go with it. My droid looks great! Now if they would only make an app to take a screen shot on my non-rooted atrix I could show you a picture.

LOL I know how that is! It stinks! I was taking pictures of my screen with my Torch before I rooted my Inspire. It was one thing that irritated me to no end when I first got it.
Back to top Go down
https://icandy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro   Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installiing a custom dock using LauncherPro
Page 1 of 1