iCandy Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iCandy Lounge

Kick back, relax and enjoy the sweet atmosphere

T-Mobile Announces Sidekick 4G Available April 20th! IcandyhomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

T-Mobile Announces Sidekick 4G Available April 20th!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
9of13
Candy Man
Candy Man
9of13

T-Mobile Announces Sidekick 4G Available April 20th! Empty
PostSubject: T-Mobile Announces Sidekick 4G Available April 20th!   T-Mobile Announces Sidekick 4G Available April 20th! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not long ago we saw T-Mobile end their Sidekick data service and offered a waiver of ETF's to their subscribers. The service may be dead, but the devices will live long...and prosper now that the new Sidekick 4G is coming! T-Mobile via their Twitter account has said that the now-Android device will be available for $99.99 with a new 2-yr contract starting April 20th. Yes, it's now Android powered! The newest installment to the Sidekick line will run on Froyo (Android 2.2) will whats said to be a custom UI. It will also run on T-Mobile's 4G network. Its manufacturer, Samsung, also seems to add a little throwback with what looks like one of the old school QWERTY keyboards which may be familiar with long time Sidekick users. Check out the video posted on T-Mobile's YouTube channel below:

Now i remember myself not too long ago calling the Side kick, "the Fisher-Price of smartphones". Now that its running on Android, I may have to eat my words as this device is looking pretty cool. It looks like the Sidekick is back!
Back to top Go down

T-Mobile Announces Sidekick 4G Available April 20th!
Page 1 of 1